Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ready-To-Pop Diaper Cake Tutorial


Oooh, aaah...and it's sooo easy!
buy these at Michaels using a coupon
they're found in the cake/baking aisle
(or anywhere else you can find cheaper)
tie the ribbon you'll be using to form a band
fold diapers in half
I use Pampers Size 1 diapers
fill the ribbon band with the folded diapers
I roll a couple diapers to fill the center
tie the ribbon for the 2nd layer
I don't measure the ribbons
I just guess how big my bands should be
fill the 2nd layer with folded diapers
I bought popcorn boxes at World Market and rolled a couple diapers in there
I've used Target's popcorn containers from the Dollar Spot before
I've also seen popcorn boxes at Michaels
I topped the popcorn box with a rubber ducky
 and a baby shampoo
ta-da! then wrap it in cellophane or some netting

for this cake, I used 31 diapers for the bottom layer
and 16 diapers for the 2nd layer, totalling 47 diapers

Aren't they cute?  Go ahead and try making one, it's fun!

No comments: