Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ready-To-Pop Baby Shower Take 2

Last October, I got a phone call Friday afternoon asking for help setting up a baby shower party for the following Sunday.  It was less than 2 days notice, yikes!!!  I was tempted to say 'no' since I had a full weekend planned (Stampin' Up! Workshop, Pumpkin Patch outing, church, etc.).  But I didn't.  The client requested the Popcorn Party, she was there the last time we had it..I thought since I've done it before and I already knew where to get supplies and such, it was doable.


I didn't know where or what the venue looked like.  The baby shower was held at the parents home of the mother-to-be.  It was a beautiful home right next to the golf course.  They had the tables set up outside in their backyard.  I had a hard time taking pics because they had this green netting over their fence to protect their home from flying golf balls, so my pics look greenish, oops! 


I found the red striped bowls at World Market where I also bought most of the Popcorn supplies just like the last time.  The red beverage dispenser was from Target.  It was around $5 from their 4th of July clearance.  Of course, I bought two...we just ran out of room, lol!


The wrought iron cart is perfect for these water bottles.  I bought it at Rod Works.  I think I had a Living Social deal that I used.  There's a lot of fun stuff at that store.




I made circle tags for the popcorn labels and attached them to paper straws.  I also added a washi tape flag to complete the look.



mini red velvet cupcakes

lemonhead treats
"popcorn" favors
diaper cake
tables for guests
It's awesome the homeowners were used to having parties.  They had several tablecloths custom made for their tables...they just happened to have red ones and I had some extra white ones to make them into runners.  Considering I had less than 48 hours to set this up, it turned out pretty nice!

Thanks for poppin' by!

No comments: