Saturday, October 13, 2012

Batman™/Batgirl Party: Part 1

Faith turned 5 last month.  We had her party at Soulfire Studios.  There was a deal way back in January at Plum District and that's how I first heard about this place.  It was quite far from where we live but it was worth it.  They had their own photographer and when they finally sent me the link to the pics, they also included a video slideshow.  That was a nice surprise.  So here's the link of the video

Last year, I thought we were having a Princess & Pirates 5th Birthday for this year's party.  I was busy pinning away.  But no, once we got the list of themes from Soulfire Studios, the princessy themed ones just didn't sound appropriate...dance studio, princess, tutus...all sounds too cliché and expected.  When I read the list out loud to Faith, she heard Batman™/Batgirl and that's how we ended up with hot pink, yellow and black in our party.

invitation front
with Stampin' Up! Bat Punch
invitation back
About two weeks before the party, Silhouette Blog featured the New Batman™ shapes.  They created a Batman™ invitation using flashlights from the Dollar Tree.  'Just in time for DIY favors for our party... 


I wanted to get all yellow and black flashlights but the three stores I went to ran out.  They had a lot of the plastic ones like the pink above.  It even came in blue, green and orange. 


They really do work and the Batman™ logo does project on the wall.  We still have fun with this flashlight until now.


A superhero is not complete without a mask.  I got the template from Martha Stewart's Dreamers Into Doers website, those ladies are über talented.  I bought some foam from Michaels and elastic from Hancock Fabric.  I blinged up the bat (leftover from the invitation) with some pink rhinestones for the birthday girl.


A dear friend came over to help the day of the party to make some cupcakes.  I think this was her third time making cupcakes for Faith's birthday and it probably won't be the last.  Thank you very much, Ms. Audrey!

Batman™/Batgirl ingredients
cupcake liners and paper straws
from Pick Your Plum
cupcakes and batgirl ready to party!
Come back for more Party Deets, this is just Part 1!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the size of the batman logos for the flashlights?

Beulah said...

Sorry, I don't. I remember measuring the diameter of the flashlight where the logo was going to go and kinda eyeballing the batman logo on my computer screen.

Chantel Rosete said...

I love this! I want to do these flashlights for party favors! Did you stick the batman logo on the outside? Great job!

Beulah said...

Yes, the vinyl logos are on the outside. I got the directions from the Silhouette blog: http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/2012/08/new-batman-shapes-diy-batman-party.html

Chantel Rosete said...

yah I got the flashlights at the Dollar store. They only had one green, blue and 4 orange but that's fine by me. I measured the lense for the person above that was asking. For the pink flashlight that is pictured above it's: 2.25 all around. I got batman buttons to add to the tag so they can have two party favors.

TMiNi said...

I cannot find full size dollar flashlights at any of the dollar stores, only minis.....so frustrated!

Beulah said...

We saw some of the same flashlights we used at Party City this week, but they were $1.99 each. Our Dollar Tree stores still carry these flashlights. Sorry your stores don't carry them :(