Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Batman™/Batgirl Party: Part 2

Check out my post on Batman™/Batgirl Party:  Part 1 to see the invites and how this Batman™/Batgirl party got started.  Our party started at 5:30 PM and I was allowed to come in half an hour before the party to set up.  I wished I had more time.  But when we got there, the tables and balloons were ready to go.



I wrapped some juice boxes with black paper and printed some Batman™ logos on card stock.  We placed the masks I cut from foam on each place setting.

Batman™ Juice

I made the city scape from all the packaging boxes I received from my online purchases, lol...cut up some squares and used the negative of the square cut outs for more windows.  I got the POW! ZAP! templates from 3 Sweet P's blog post on her superhero party.  Keep scrolling down her post till you see her templates, she's got masks and capes on there, too.

Batman™ doll from Target
(you'll find it in the boy's bedding collection)

Rock Candy from Kara's Party Ideas Shop
Flashlights from the Dollar Tree
Instructions found on the Silhouette Blog

 Batman™ Vinyl Logos from the Silhouette Store
On the other table, we set up the cake, cookies, cupcakes, marshmallow treats and other sweet favors.  I don't think I ever did finish setting up this table.  I lost the screw to make my 3-tiered glass trays (I finally did find it on the piano back home).  So the marshmallows and cookies ended up on glass plates instead...oh well, the kids still ate them :)  Guests were already coming in and the photogragper taking her pics...and that lemonade fountain was spraying everything within its range, haha.  When Soulfire Studios emailed me a pic of that fountain weeks before the party, it looked magical and dreamier, lol.

another awesome cake by Tiffany
of Peridot Sweets
the cake was all gone by the time
I came back to the party room
cupcakes by my friend, Audrey
baking cups from Pick Your Plum
black stands from Target's Dollar Spot
marshmallow treats also by Audrey
Batman™ ring from Amazon
cookies by Tiffany of Peridot Sweets
Black Twizzlers Favors
Stampin' Up! 1x8 cello bag
Lemonheads Candy Favors
Stampin' Up! 1x8 cello bag
(pssst, they're only $2.50 per 50 cello bags!)
yellow buckets from Target's garden section
I think I bought them earlier this year or last year
during one of their end of the season clearance
paper straws from Pick Your Plum
batgirls chitchatting by the sweets
The party package included facepainting, story time, costumes and dancing.  When the kids went into the dance room, they did some warm-ups, stretched, and practiced their dance moves before they got in their cool Batman™ costumes.

excited to be the line leader into the dance room
batcrew in full gear
with the birthday girl
off to the bat cave!
until next year...
One day we will still have that pink princess party {sigh}

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What an awesome party! I was looking for some ideas for my daughter's 6th birthday-she is currently batgirl obsessed. There is nothing out there for purchase hardly. Your party is very inspiring. I hope I can come up with something half as nice =)

Beulah said...

Thank you! I'm glad to inspire others. I pretty much just changed the typical boys batman party with hot pink, yellow and black. We had fun with this one :)

Creative Printables said...

You had such great ideas for this party! Love the wrapped juice boxes!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love your batman/batgirl party ideas! I have bought the flashlights to give out as party favors but I'm having trouble with the bat symbol. I read the silhouette blog, but I'm still trying to understand if this is just a template you print and then cut the bats yourself or if silhouette sells them ready. I don't think I can cut such tiny bats so perfectly! Thanks,

Anonymous said...

The silhouette can be purchased from Silhouette.com for .50 a piece. Just search Batman in the search box on the website.