Monday, June 25, 2012

Creative Keepsakes Scrapbook Convetion 2012

I was driving on the 215 last week when a billboard caught my eye.  "Scrapbook Convention...South Point...June 22nd-23rd..."  I thought I had to check that out, that's too close to my house for me to miss out.  So I googled and texted several people to find out more.  By the time I found out, online registration was closed.  Nevertheless, on-site registration was still available and I ended up registering for 4 classes over the span of two days.

Minnie Mouse by Shoestring Productions

Simply Beautiful by Shoestring Productions
There were Make & Takes on the spot at the Vendor Faire.  The Shoestring Productions kits really caught my eye.   I bought several of their 6x6 and 12x12 kits and completed the Minnie Mouse layout above at their booth while my friend, Daniela, completed half of the Simply Beautiful kit.

I learned how to curl flowers at SimpliCraft
Two of the classes I signed up for were by SimpliCraft, Piece by Piece Collage Page Techniques and Made in Minutes.  Each class was an hour and we were able to complete six 12x12 layouts.  It was fast-paced.  The teacher, Vicki, had some great, practical and EASY techniques to share.  So by the end of the convention, I actually had TWELVE layouts ready to go, yey!

And guess who won a door prize?!!

11 AM winner :D
with my Punky Sprouts voucher
What fun when you get a text from your upline saying that you won something, woohoo!  I would have totally not checked the "Winners' Board" since I was too busy checking out the latest and greatest of what scrapbooking has to offer, lol.  Thank you Punky Sprouts for my glittery goods.  And they're from Gresham, OR, another fellow Oregonian :)

pretty papers, sparkly glitter, and more!
By the end of the convention, my back was aching and my shoulders hurting...and I would do it all over again.  So in about three weeks, I'll be heading to Salt Lake City for the ONE I've been planning to go to.  Stampin' Up! Convention 2012 here we come!

Happy Scrappin'!

No comments: