Sunday, April 15, 2012

It just took years...


The staircase gallery is somewhat complete.  It just took years to get there, ha!  I bought the frames from Pottery Barn and Kohl's about 2 years ago on sale or clearance of course.  The little blue wooden plaque was given by my sister in 2006 I think.  And the "Home" and Flower Décor Elements from Stampin' Up! I earned free couple years ago.  They've been in our coffee table drawer all these years getting all wrinkled up. 

So here's what I did this sunday afternoon:

I've done this before but I forget how tricky they could be.  Straight ones are easy like that Long Stem Silhouette, but the curvy lines on this one makes it tricky.  The worst was Faith's Growth Chart.  That growth chart took me hours to put up since it kept rolling on itself so I thought this would be a piece of cake...but my arm still hurt after scraping the letters on the wall (must be just getting old, too!).  But it does dress up a blank wall differently so it's all worth it.

Now on to the wooden blue plaque...it came square, blank and empty.  I've been planning on putting the Flower Décor Elements on it for the longest time and finally did.  I switched the original polka dot blue ribbon to a dark brown one I had in my ribbon scrap pile and called it done.

Here's another look of our staircase galllery that just took a couple of years in the making (just ignore the glare from the window).  We mostly eyeballed it, used a level tool thingy as an attempt to make them straight, and measured it a little to kinda spaced them right. 

And just to end on a random note, I found a new addition to the craft room...a wire basket from Pottery Barn on clearance, woohoo!  Not sure where to put it yet but it'll be lovely anywhere.

Have an awesome week!

No comments: