Sunday, May 22, 2011

Father's Day

Got Father's Day cards done already.  I love Stampin' Up's Best Dad Ever stamp set.  There's only one image of 5 ties in a row and the rest are words/sentiments.  It can be for Father's Day or a Happy Birthday.  For a black and white theme, I used Day and Night Designer Series Paper (from Clearance!), black/gray/white card stock and the striped grosgrain ribbon.    


This shirt card, I read somewhere, was in the SU Idea Book & Catalog from last year.  I couldn't find it but based on other crafter's shirt cards posted online, this is what I came up with.  I used the Pacific Point cardstock, leftover Bashful Blue and Whisper White for the sentiment, vintage brads (retired, so sad!) and more leftover polka dots from the Celebration party hats I used for my daughter's birthday last September. 

And finally, a little bit more color for the Best Dad Ever.  I colored the rubber stamp with the SU markers, rolled the Cherry Cobbler card stock in the Big Shot with the polka dots folder.  So shirts and ties for Father's Day... what more can you say?

2 comments:

Lynne said...

love this card. I just placed my order for the Best Dad Ever stamp set. How were you able to stamp each tie a different color?

Beulah said...

Sorry, Lynne...such a delayed response. But I ink each image on the stamp with the color I want using the SU markers. Thanks for asking!